Indie authors: Murky biz advice, gray legal issues
A variety of potential problems can create problems for indie authors starting their own business. Oftentimes, this arrives as murky business advice and gray legal areas. Here are some answers to commonly asked questions about those many issues:
• Should I copyright my book?
• Do I need trademark protection?
• Will I need a Standard Address Number?
• How can I avoid copyright infringement?
• Can I use the names of real companies and products in my books?
• What if my book is pirated?
Professional Book Editor: Having your novel, short story or nonfiction manuscript proofread or edited before submitting it can prove invaluable. In an economic climate where you face heavy competition, your writing needs a second eye to give you the edge. I can provide that second eye.